Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF)
The ifs School of Finance’s Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) is a new professional qualification for trade, export and commodity finance executives who need to gain and demonstrate a thorough understanding of key procedures, practices and legislation in trade finance on an international level.
combines the acquisition of technical knowledge with the skills to apply that knowledge to real situations. It has been developed in consultation with industry experts to ensure that it focuses on the essential areas of knowledge that those involved in trade finance need to understand to be effective and successful.
Studying CITF will enable you to understand:
- the trade environment
- procedures involved in Trade Contracts
- an introduction to trade terms and Incoterms 2010
- the nature of financial, commercial and transport documents used in international trade
- documentary credits an overview
- the risks involved in the trading methods of international trade
- short, medium and long term trade finance
- how to appropriately apply documentary collections in accordance with URC 522
- bank guarantees
- issues associated with international trade products
- is an international qualification and comprises one mandatory unit
- Upon successful completion of you can use the designation ’’ after your name
- Comprehensive distance-learning support is provided
- One annual examination in October
- Registration opens annually in April
- International examination centres around the world
The unit examines the roles and responsibilities of banks, importers and exporters and the products available to assist them to find satisfactory solutions for international trade finance. The unit explores the international trade environment at an introductory level, the commonly used documents and international trade terms, key methods of trading and exchange risk.
Candidates already working in the industry will recognise the processes described and be able to extend their knowledge, whilst a novice will find the material provides an excellent introduction to international trade.
The complete course is achievable within 6 months.
has been designed to be studied through self-study. Upon registration you will be sent a detailed study text and given access to an online version, which you will study from independently.
In addition to the study text, a specimen paper is also available for you to download.
Please note that in order to reflect any changes to syllabuses, study materials are usually updated annually. It is your responsibility to ensure you are studying from the most up-to-date materials.
Examination/entry registration dates at a glance
Examination date - 25 October, 2013
Deadline for first-time registrations and resits 5 August 2013
International booking fee
International resit booking fee
*** Candidates who reside and work in India receive a 59.00 discount. This means the cost to register with the international booking fee is 456.00(normally 515.00). Discounts do not apply to resits. The resit fees is 287.
has one objective test comprising 90 multiple choice questions and two case studies, each with 5 linked multiple choice questions. To pass you must achieve the required pass mark of 70%.
By post/fax/email - complete and return a registration form by sending it to the address given on the form or fax to +44 (0) 1227 784331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai
For details form please click here :